Welcome to my blog!


Welcome to Deliciously Dairy Free! I am a novice baker/cook who loves to experiment with dairy free cooking. Dairy makes me feel sick, so I've had to adapt the way I cook. I take recipes from cookbooks and online sites and tailor them to meet my needs.


I noticed from looking at dairy free blogs and other dairy free recipes that the ingredients they called for were strange and didn't sound appetizing. I started testing regular recipes using soy or almond milk and margarine instead of their regular dairy counterparts. So far all the recipes have come out great!


From breakfast foods to desserts, I've changed them all. The only thing I haven't attempted is a cream sauce, for which a dairy free substitute will never be found. Some things shouldn't be messed with. I still make dishes with minimal amounts of cheese, which for some reason I can handle, but to each their own. Other than a little bit of parmesan and mozzarella occasionally, I forgo all dairy. It's just better that way!


Most people don't know when they come over for supper that their meals are dairy free! I suppose that's a good thing since most people cringe at the thought of soy milk in their mashed potatoes. Taking the dairy out of recipes means that I won't feel the kinks in my belly afterwards.


Please enjoy the recipes and pictures I post and let me know what you think! Dairy free cooking and baking doesn't mean you have to sacrifice taste or spend lots of money on substitutes.

Comments