Lemon Dijon Chicken


Lemon dijon chicken is a classic meal in our family. We've been eating this dish for as long as I can remember. Back in the day I didn't like anything that had a sauce. Has that ever changed! Now if it doesn't have a sauce, I don't want it! I think I make this meal atleast twice a month, if not more!
Lemon dijon chicken is so simple to make. It's a great meal to make after coming home from work because all you have to do is make the sauce and throw it in the oven. The sauce is so good. The combination of dijon, lemon juice and tarragon always tastes good. One time Paul made this meal for me and he used grainy mustard, and it was delicious! You could substitute that for regular dijon if you'd like and it tastes just as good.
Since I love the sauce so much, I double it so there is more than enough to spoon over the chicken and rice. This meal makes great sandwiches the next day, but I usually just cut up the chicken and place it on a bed of rice and add the sauce and take it to work in a plastic container.
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free!

Lemon Dijon Chicken

*This is the original recipe and I usually double the sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts
-1/4 cup margarine
-3 tablespoons dijon mustard
-3 tablespoons lemon juice
-1 teaspoon tarragon
-1/2 teaspoon of salt (I never add this)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a shallow baking juice. (I use a 9x13)
2. Melt margarine. Stir in mustard, lemon juice and tarragon.
3. Pour sauce over chicken.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.

I've always had this meal served with rice. I'm sure there are other grains that you could serve with it, but anything other than rice would be wrong!

Comments