Monkey Munch


I'll admit it, I watch a lot of bad reality tv. I watch way too much of it, much to Paul's disdain. One of the shows that I watch is Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's pretty cute, even though the mom can be a real wench. In one episode I saw Kate making a snack called Monkey Munch. I was curious as to what this was, so I googled it.

Monkey Munch is a chocolatey and peanutty covered cereal mix that is so addictive. It's so tasty that it's hard to stop eating it. I usually make a half batch, but my mom uses a whole box of cereal.

The recipe is very easy to make. It starts off with microwaving chocolate chips, margarine (instead of butter) and peanut butter in a bowl until melted and then you pour it over the cereal. The recipe says to use Chex cereal, but since it's not available in Canada I used Crispix. The recipe also says to use 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar to coat the cereal. That's way too much sugar in my opinion, so I use maybe half a cup. The mixture is already sweet enough from the chocolate and peanut butter.

This stuff never lasts long in my house and since it's dairy free and gluten free, anyone can enjoy it! Paul can't give me flack for watching horrible tv shows because it brought him delicious Monkey Munch!

Comments