Cinnamon Buns



Every now and then I get a craving for ooey, gooey cinnamon buns just like you can get at the mall. Gone are the days when I can impulse buy a Cinnabon while shopping, but I've found something almost as easy and just as delicious.
One of allrecipes top 20 recipes is called Clone of a Cinnabon is just what I remember from when I was a child and my siblings and I would split a humongous cinnamon bun. I've made this recipe many times with a few modifications to the ingredient list. I haven't attempted the cream cheese icing (obviously), but I suppose you could try it with Toffuti cream cheese.
 It is super easy thanks to the bread machine, and it's the perfect treat!

Clone of a Cinnabon
Bun dough
-1 cup warm almond or soy milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) I microwave it for about 45 seconds in the microwave

-2eggs, room temperature

-1/3 cup margarine, melted

-4 1/2 cups bread flour( I've always used all purpose flour)


-1 teaspoon salt

-1/2 cup white sugar

2- 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Cinnamon-sugar filling
-1 cupbrown sugar, packed
-2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
  2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup margarine and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes


Comments